CuePath combines the functionality of a pill organizer and adherence device through electronic stickers that attach to blister packs. The product is primarily offered in North America currently and is intended for senior populations who are struggling to adhere to medication regimens. CuePath often works in partnership with pharmacies or home care agencies.
How it works
Patients simply express their medication through the blister pack, as they would normally. When the electronic sticker that has been applied to the blister pack is broken, a message is sent via Bluetooth from the pack to a gateway. The gateway then sends this data through a mobile network to record the event.
Fit for purpose
Barriers to entry10%
DS and DR-TB patients100%
- Does not require any sort of phone to accommodate senior populations
- Works with TB-type blister packs via an electronic sticker
- Can accommodate multiple drug types
- Gateway can only last 7 days without electricity
- Has not yet been used in LMICs or for TB