CareDose is a New Delhi-based medicine management venture that uses proprietary technology and packaging to ensure and track medicine adherence in patients, while building big data for healthcare entities and public health programs. The company’s mission is to support healthcare entities to optimize and track patient adherence, to ensure patient’s complete treatment and obtain maximum benefits from their prescribed medication.
How it works
CareDose combines the functionality of a pill organizer with a digital adherence technology. Patients share their prescriptions with CareDose, who packages them into pouches with dosing instructions printed on the outside. These pouches are organized in chronological dosing order, and loaded into a dispenser, which is delivered to the patient. As patients access their medication from the dispenser, these events are tracked and reported.
Fit for purpose
Barriers to entry10%
DS and DR-TB patients100%
- Extremely low patient burden
- Works with DS and MDR TB medications
- Does not require a smartphone or electricity
- Requires CareDose to organize, package, and deliver medication regularly, limiting the addressable market
- Involves new supply chain processes that are most likely a fit for private sector clients