WelTel Health is a Canada-based company with a vision to scale and change the way healthcare is delivered around the world. WelTel, born in response to low adherence to HIV medication treatment in Kenya, has since deployed its platform in Canada, the United States, Europe, and Africa. The highly customizable platform that utilizes push messaging to check in with patients weekly.
How it works
The WelTel platform facilitates facilitates patient/provider communication through the use of simple direct messaging. Patients can respond that all is well or note that they have problems. If patients have issues, or do not responds, a call from the provider is triggered. This allows patients to speak with them without going to the clinic.
Fit for purpose
Barriers to entry10%
DS and DR-TB patients100%
- Can be used from any phone
- No device to set up or maintain
- Can be flexibly deployed to fit a number of circumstances and environments
- Product has been used in both LMICs and for TB
- Relies on daily SMS interactions, which can place a high burden on patients
- Does not track adherence in real time and adherence events are self-reported