HealthPrize is an app-based consumer health engagement platform that motivates people with chronic conditions to take control of their care plan. The program supports habit change by rewarding patients for engaging in healthy activities. Patients are rewarded for all engagement with the platform, including self-reporting their medication taking and engaging with condition and brand-specific educational information.
How it works
Patients interact with the HealthPrize platform for roughly 2 minutes a day by engaging with educational content and program activities targeted to their reported medications. Gamification and behavioral economics principles encourage patients to interact with the platform consistently. In addition, patients earn points for their engagement, which are redeemable for rewards.
Fit for purpose
Barriers to entry10%
DS and DR-TB patients100%
- Novel approach to adherence based on gamification and incentives
- No device to set up or maintain
- Easy to use if you have a smartphone
- Encourages patients to learn about their condition, deepening their understanding about the importance of adherence
- Requires a smartphone
- Does not track adherence or transmit data to providers
- Has not been used for TB or in LMICs